1. Identify the TOP things he dislikes from your attitude and change it.
MAGAGALITIN/IRRITABLE. Not smiling. Always serious. DRAGGING his emotions down.
BE MORE: CALMMM. Open to his feelings. LIGHT. And genuinely happy. Talk only about the good things and should the bad be inevitable, talk with calm and grace.
2. Be interested in what he loves. He loves anime, comics, videos, games.
BE MORE: Interested in what he’s playing. Watch a few games. Ask him how/to show you. Ask what new game is coming out and maybe gift him the next one.
3. SUPPORT HIM IN HIS ELEMENT
He is in his ELEMENT while at work. He enjoys working – sometimes even too much.
BE MORE: Supportive. NOT nagging (ex: Overtime nanaman??) Meet in the middle (ex: Ok, overtime tonight but could you free your Sunday/Friday for our date?
4. BE MORE ATTENTIVE TO HIS NEEDS. If he has a headache, be ready to offer medicine, food, or a massage. Prepare for emergency kits (ahem, like food kits? :))
5. BE PHYSICAL. Tiredness, irritability, and our own insecurity may sometimes get in the way of husband’s wants and needs. BE ALWAYS GAME for sex. Be genuine. Have funnnn!
6. Always say GOOD MORNING, GOOD AFTERNOON, GOODNIGHT and I LOVE YOU!
7. LESSEN THE GADGET: Make sure that you reach for EACH OTHER first when you wake up each morning BEFORE you check your laptops or your phones. Engage in meaningful conversations!
8. TELL AND LAUGH AT A JOKE. Sharing a laugh with your husband strengthens your bond not just physically but also emotionally and neurologically.
9. HAVE A COMMON TOPIC: Create a special topic that only you two could relate with.
10. SUPPORT HIS DECISIONS: Before presenting your own decisions, give your husband the chance to make his own first, and to justify.
11. FORGET YOUR INSECURITIES. Don’t let your insecurities ruin something good.
12. COOK FOR HIM. Nothing cheers my husband up more than a favorite meal handed to him at the right time.
13. Don’t bring up problems at the wrong time or in a way that it will feel heavy.
14. LOOK SEXY, GRACEFUL, CALM AND COLLECTED. The very image of a graceful woman attracts all men. A woman who knows how to handle things (even though deep down she may not know exactly what to do) helps stir up their husbands’ confidence in them.
15. BE ALWAYS GENTLE AND LOVING. No one turns away a gentle man or woman.
16. BE HONEST. Trust him completely – it will also be for your own peace of mind.
17. SUBMIT: Men love to feel in control. Husbands should be in control. Give him the avenue to exercise his decisions and submit to + genuinely support what he wants.
18. NEVER BRING UP PAST HURT. It’s common to make mistakes – yes even for husbands and wives. Find the love in your heart to forgive (maybe not forget) and move on – without ever bringing it up. This is essential to keeping the happiness and the peace.
19. HAVE A CONSCIOUS EFFORT AND INTENT TO HAVE QUALITY TIME BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU
Having this eye contact and conversation strengthens the bond and helps reevaluate partners’ roles in each other’s lives.
20. BE A BLESSING NOT A BURDEN. This means, always be helpful. Love your husband, and his family. Be kind to his friends. Be approachable. Contribute to the fun. Don’t start unnecessary drama.
21. BE SURE OF WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU WANT TO BE. Yes, we all have some traits that we are born with. Some are good, others are bad. Pray for the discernment to know which to change. BE SOMEONE YOU WOULD WANT TO GET MARRIED TO if given that chance. Or someone YOU WOULD ACTUALLY LOVE TO BE WITH and NOT someone you’d dread seeing or hearing from.
22. BE GENUINELY KIND AND BE GENUINELY HAPPY NOT JUST IN FRONT OF YOUR HUSBAND OR A FEW PEOPLE BUT WITH EVERYONE.
Good character should be consistent. No matter who you are talking to or the situation is, always be kind and people will be drawn to your kindness.
23. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. YES, it means having physical, mental and skills check. If you find that you are already hitting abnormal levels of weight (like you can’t function anymore or are already having illnesses due to overweight) make time to exercise and cut down on bad food. Always grow – read books, learn how to cook, learn how to dance, learn how to sing.
24. PLAN FOR, THINK OF, AND HELP YOUR CHILD/REN TOGETHER AS A COUPLE
Always discuss your child’s needs together. This creates a special bond and a joint vision of how you want your child/children to be raised. With both couples having the conscious effort to talk about their kids, they are able to PLAN TOGETHER and exercise proper PARENTING.
25. DISCUSS AND CARRYOUT BUSINESSES AND INVESTMENTS
Growing money and earnings are very much biblical. God wants all His children to work and not be lazy. He is also for people who do business if it means multiplying their earnings. A family with a great financial standing is blessed by God. This is also a chance for the family to help others.
26. MAGNIFY THE LITTLE THINGS.
This only means that wives should always check on the little things that make the husband happy. Such as maybe bringing home pasalubong after work. Writing letters. Holding hands. Etc.
27. HAVE A CONFIDENT AND A POSITIVE ATTITUDE ALWAYS
But not too airy. Confidence is sexy and is key to making things happen within the family.
28. HANGOUT WITH FRIENDS
Complimenting each other especially in front of other people helps bring back the kilig in the relationship
29. GIVE HIM SPACE
You don’t always have to check on his phone. Men will be attracted to other women because women are beautiful in general. But if he receives enough love, care and devotion from his wife – and if he himself has a clear vision of his values and limitations, there will be no reason to stray.
30. HAVE THE SAME FAITH, BELIEF, AND GOALS. PURSUE JESUS CHRIST FIRST.
Do not equally yoke with non-believers. Pursuing something that goes beyond material possessions, marriage, fleeting emotions like happiness etc. will get you through rough patches and hard times. It’s because you are standing on a solid rock – which is Jesus Christ’s love and promise. If both couples rely on Jesus, their relationship will never fail.